Prior to starting Pilates, Helen completed a Bachelor of Education Degree in 1993 at the University of Western Sydney and worked as a High School Teacher for 15 years in the areas of Dance, Personal Development, Health and Physical Education as well as Technological and Applied Studies.
Helen began her formal Pilates training in 2003 with The Pilates Institute of Australasia progressing to a Level 3 instructor. She worked as a freelance Pilates instructor and Group Fitness Coordinator at various health clubs for 5 years. In 2008, Helen gave up a promising teaching career to pursue Pilates full time and founded, owns and operates “Pilates Insync”.
Helen is a hands-on practitioner and approaches her sessions with passion and conviction. She knows first hand the benefits Pilates has brought to her own life after the birth of her children and she gets a great deal of satisfaction helping others achieve a better quality of life. Over the past 16 years Helen has completed many Pilates courses including the Diploma Of Polestar Pilates Studio & Rehabilitation Method Instruction.
In 2015, Helen became a Full Member of the Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA) and was elected on the PAA Committee, where she will be helping to promote Pilates across Australasia. The PAA is a regulatory body for the control of quality instruction and integrity of the Pilates method.
Based on her years of experience as a Pilates instructor and her formal qualifications as a school teacher Helen’s goal is to bring about positive change to each individual through the principles of Pilates.
- Diploma in Modern Dance – FATD (1990)
- Bachelor of Education – University of Western Sydney (1993)
- Teachers Certificate – NSW Department of Education (1997)
- Floor Level 1 – Pilates Institute of Australasia (2003)
- Floor Level 2 – Pilates Institute of Australasia (2004)
- Floor Level 3 – Pilates Institute of Australasia (2004)
- Pilates on the Ball – Pilates Institute of Australasia (2006)
- Pilates Mat Level 1 – The Australian Pilates Academy (2005)
- Pilates Reformer – The Australian Pilates Academy (2005)
- Pilates for Children – Polestar (2008)
- Certified Practitioner of Pilates Mat – Polestar (2009)
- Pilates for Injuries & Pathologies – Basi Pilates (2012)
- Pilates for Pregnancy – The Australian Pilates Academy (2010)
- RIP 60 Training – Balanced Body (2012)
- Osteoporosis in Depth – Pilates International Training Centre (2012)
- Pilates for Menopause – The Centre for Women’s Fitness (2012)
- Cadaver Lab & Safe Spine Teaching / Alignment Protocols – Rebecca Leone Pilates (2013)
- Senior First Aid Certificate St John Ambulance (Updated 2014)
- Certified Practitioner of Pilates Studio – Polestar (2015)
- Certificate IV in Pilates Matwork Instruction Method – Polestar (2015)
- Diploma of Pilates Studio & Rehabilitation Method – Polestar (2015)
02 9543 8279 | email@example.com | Suite 12A, 62-70 Allison Cres, Menai.
PILATES CAN HELP YOU…
- Improve your Posture
- Increase flexibility
- Focus on core strength
- Enhance muscle tone
- Re-sculpt your body
- Help relieve back pain
- Flatten post-baby belly
- Improve co-ordination
- Reduce muscle injury
- Enhance sports performance
WINNER: FITNESS, TRAINING & RECREATION